Monday, August 1, 2011

We made it!




Hi Folks-

Well, first off - obviously we DID make it on the ship. 15 mintues after the last blog post a large van showed up (thank goodness - 4 gay men with luggage. I'm surprised it wasn't a van line). Anyway, got to the ship no problems and check in was a breeze.


While I was anxiously waiting we went to a convenience store to get some last minute stuff and outside the store was this adorable doggy hitch. We miss our Lab. How come mean people are allowed to travel, but I can't buy a first class ticket for my adorable Lab who'd never hurt anyone and would just curl up in the seat. Actually, she'd probably fly coach. Nah...

So I arranged a few surprises before we left. One was I sent bottles of wine to both our stateroom and Bill and Tenon's stateroom. I signed our "A gift from: CDC" and the message was "Have a great time on us!" When we got to the room there was another bottle of wine from our travel agent (which was quite nice - thanks Tom). And then the one I had secretly sent. I ignored it when I got to the room since I knew what it was. And of course I didn't have my glasses on. Ray read the card and said "OMG - it's from the CDC!" then he said "quick - get your glasses. They sent us a gift!"

Well, I held out as long as I could - I let it go on for at least a minute while he was effusing - and then finally broke out into laughter. Hon - the federal government sending a contractor alcohol on vacation?! To quote Will and Grace "Honey - do you know how many things are wrong with that sentence!?" Still it was very fun to surprise everyone and put a smile on everyone's face. Never know...there might be more surprises coming.

Hope everyone is well - the world is good here!

No comments:

Post a Comment