So we made it to Rome with no problems - flights were uneventful and honestly I thought it was quick compared to getting to Australia!
The airport is way out, and we had scheduled a Supershuttle type of ride -to it took like 1.5 hours to get from the airport to the hotel. Oddly, there was really no customs check - they just stamped our passport. I guess I assume it's random screening.
The hotel is nice - European style but they have high speed internet and the rooms really are quite reasonable in terms of size. Our hotel does overlook the Colosseum - though we haven't gotten there yet. We took a nap and a much appreciated shower - -then had our first taste of Italian pasta (Carbonara!) and gelato. I'm thinking we're going to call it an evening and do exploring tomorrow!
Hopefully will post some pictures tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment